Low Carb - 10 cose da sapere (se parli inglese)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Ora
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whipper1980
    TV Series God-Mod
    • Feb 2006
    • Genova
    • Send PM

Low Carb - 10 cose da sapere (se parli inglese)

By Charles Poliquin

We live in a time when people are more diet conscious then ever. Nonetheless, people continue to have problems managing their weight. Low carbohydrate diets are a solution for many clients, but they must be managed correctly.

I would like to make the following 10 points regarding low carb diets. Of course, I could go on and on regarding this subject, but these are important points to consider:

1. Carbohydrate intake should be individualized. Some people simply cannot train for extensive periods of time on low carb diets.

2. “Low carb for life” is the best solution for at least 75% of the population. By eliminating grains, 90% of the nation’s health care cost would go down, taking care of problems with triglycerides, LDL, C-reactive proteins, low androgens, etc.

3. People don’t need as many carbs as they think they do. A lot of people are kidding themselves about how many carbs they need. “Man, I need my carbs,” they say. Yeah, right! What you need to realize is that there is a difference between a mouth and a vacuum. Consider portion control as part of any program.

4. Make “low-carb” eating part of a lifestyle. Clients should consider a “low carb lifestyle” rather than merely a “low carb diet.” Forty to 50 grams per day of good carbs are plenty for most of the population. That is why there are so many fat dieticians and personal trainers.

5. Distinguish the difference between natural carbohydrates and “neo” carbs. Did a caveman have access to donuts (i.e. “neo-carbs”)? No. Did a caveman have access to pasta? No. Pasta is a “neo-carb.” Did a caveman have access to grapes? Yes. Grapes are natural, allowable carbs (in some instances.)

6. Nutrient timing makes a difference. I think a 200-pound man can stay lean eating 250 grams of carbohydrates a day, if 200 grams of them are taken post-workout. The other 50 grams must be spread out throughout the day in low glycemic portions.

7. Eat vegetables. No one eats enough vegetables. Have you ever heard of anybody binging on brussel sprouts? If you do not eat enough veggies, a daily intake of mixed fibers may be indicated for a short period.

8. Stay lean. The leaner you are, the more carbs you can eat. Remember, I said “stay lean,” not get lean. Get lean first if you want carbs.

9. Dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. There are plenty of nutraceuticals (i.e. R-form stabilized alpha-lipoic acid, not the useless racemic form that everybody sells) and botanicals that improve insulin sensitivity. There are also functional tests that can determine which work best for you. Insulin sensitivity and the ability to hypertrophy while leaning out are strongly correlated, more so than androgen output.
    10. Mix it up. Every fifth day you should go back to eating more good carbs, as oxidation of BCAA is compromised on low carb diets. The amount of good carbs is inversely proportionate to your percentage of body fat. Remember - Low carb diets without a high intake of smart fats are suicidal.

Penzo pozza interezzare...forse è old ma male penzo nn fà!
    sigpic10000 Crunch nn servono a un Caxxo, Questo è il Recordman...6 ore al gg x 6 mesi si è allenato...ANVEDI A PANZA......

Whipper1980 (@) Bodyweb (.) Com

• tartufone
    • Send PM

Originariamente Scritto da Whipper1980 Visualizza Messaggio
    By Charles Poliquin

We live in a time when people are more diet conscious then ever. Nonetheless, people continue to have problems managing their weight. Low carbohydrate diets are a solution for many clients, but they must be managed correctly.

I would like to make the following 10 points regarding low carb diets. Of course, I could go on and on regarding this subject, but these are important points to consider:

1. Carbohydrate intake should be individualized. Some people simply cannot train for extensive periods of time on low carb diets.

2. “Low carb for life” is the best solution for at least 75% of the population. By eliminating grains, 90% of the nation’s health care cost would go down, taking care of problems with triglycerides, LDL, C-reactive proteins, low androgens, etc.

3. People don’t need as many carbs as they think they do. A lot of people are kidding themselves about how many carbs they need. “Man, I need my carbs,” they say. Yeah, right! What you need to realize is that there is a difference between a mouth and a vacuum. Consider portion control as part of any program.

4. Make “low-carb” eating part of a lifestyle. Clients should consider a “low carb lifestyle” rather than merely a “low carb diet.” Forty to 50 grams per day of good carbs are plenty for most of the population. That is why there are so many fat dieticians and personal trainers.

5. Distinguish the difference between natural carbohydrates and “neo” carbs. Did a caveman have access to donuts (i.e. “neo-carbs”)? No. Did a caveman have access to pasta? No. Pasta is a “neo-carb.” Did a caveman have access to grapes? Yes. Grapes are natural, allowable carbs (in some instances.)

6. Nutrient timing makes a difference. I think a 200-pound man can stay lean eating 250 grams of carbohydrates a day, if 200 grams of them are taken post-workout. The other 50 grams must be spread out throughout the day in low glycemic portions.

7. Eat vegetables. No one eats enough vegetables. Have you ever heard of anybody binging on brussel sprouts? If you do not eat enough veggies, a daily intake of mixed fibers may be indicated for a short period.

8. Stay lean. The leaner you are, the more carbs you can eat. Remember, I said “stay lean,” not get lean. Get lean first if you want carbs.

9. Dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. There are plenty of nutraceuticals (i.e. R-form stabilized alpha-lipoic acid, not the useless racemic form that everybody sells) and botanicals that improve insulin sensitivity. There are also functional tests that can determine which work best for you. Insulin sensitivity and the ability to hypertrophy while leaning out are strongly correlated, more so than androgen output.
    10. Mix it up. Every fifth day you should go back to eating more good carbs, as oxidation of BCAA is compromised on low carb diets. The amount of good carbs is inversely proportionate to your percentage of body fat. Remember - Low carb diets without a high intake of smart fats are suicidal.

ottimo

ps:attiva i pm whip

Commenta

• Whipper1980
      TV Series God-Mod
      • Feb 2006
      • Genova
      • Send PM

como se hace?
      sigpic10000 Crunch nn servono a un Caxxo, Questo è il Recordman...6 ore al gg x 6 mesi si è allenato...ANVEDI A PANZA......

Commenta

• tartufone
        • Send PM

como se hace?
        smanetta nel tuo profilo

Commenta

• tartufone
          • Send PM

precisamente su Modifica opzioni

Commenta

• Whipper1980
            TV Series God-Mod
            • Feb 2006
            • Genova
            • Send PM

Smanettantis....

Edit: DONE!

Commenta

• dij
              Improve yourself
              • Feb 2007
              • Milano
              • Send PM

otttimo articolo. davvero.
              abbiamo capito oramai ke i carbo bisogna gestiirli bene. :-)

Commenta

• fuma-slayer
                Bodyweb Senior
                • Jan 2006
                • lecco....la patata
                • Send PM

whipperello this is

Commenta

• Whipper1980
                  TV Series God-Mod
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Genova
                  • Send PM

Originariamente Scritto da fuma-slayer Visualizza Messaggio
                  whipperello this is

Commenta

• fuma-slayer
                    Bodyweb Senior
                    • Jan 2006
                    • lecco....la patata
                    • Send PM

te lho scritto apposta..

Commenta

• Whipper1980
                      TV Series God-Mod
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Genova
                      • Send PM

te lho scritto apposta..
                      lo szo

Commenta

• PIGBULL
                        Bodyweb Advanced
                        • Aug 2001
                        • azzi miei
                        • Send PM

te lho scritto apposta..
                        a FROSCIONI........

Lo facciamo un trenino?
                        ...a già la confusione muscolare potrei far cosi quando faccio gambe mi dirigo al rack poi a 30 cm svio e vado alla lat machine cosi non capiscono più un c.... e crescono!!!!!!!!!!

Commenta

• fuma-slayer
                          Bodyweb Senior
                          • Jan 2006
                          • lecco....la patata
                          • Send PM

Originariamente Scritto da PIGBULL Visualizza Messaggio
                          a FROSCIONI........

Lo facciamo un trenino?
                          lo so che vuoi stare in mezzo

Commenta

• Whipper1980
                            TV Series God-Mod
                            • Feb 2006
                            • Genova
                            • Send PM

lo so che vuoi stare in mezzo
                            en tu vuoi fare la locomotiva vero GOLOSONE???!!!!!!!!!!!

Commenta

• Francy53
                              Bodyweb Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • Send PM

whipper ti posso fare una domanda semplice e pratica..

come si fa a fare una dieta che faccia perdere nettamente 1kg a settimana reali..
                              (la domanda parte dal fatto che quando ho fatto la tua cheto 4 settimane mi hai detto che probabile molto era perso di acqua)
                              invece vorrei capire proprio come fare 4kg in 4 settimane..

grazie per la pazienza
                              La volontà deve essere diretta non nel resistere alle privazioni, ma nel voler capire quale è il metodo migliore per ottenere il risultato.

Commenta

Working...
                              X